Pages

Friday 20 April 2012

The Newbie

I thought about starting this blog a while back, when I myself first began reading the thoughts and ideas others were sharing online. But I never really knew what exactly I would say. I still don't. I don't even really know who I am writing to or who will read this or why. But I know I like design, and fashion, and food...and I guess I just think this would be a good place to sort my thoughts about them!

I've always dreamt of opening a little cafe near the water where we live, and as things develop down here I know the possibility of it will arise. So whether it happens or not, I can start dreaming up menu ideas and perhaps envision what this little place will look like.

If I were honest though, my obsession is pretty spaces--rooms, yards, shops, cafes--with character. Vintage pieces filling every corner. Raw wood. Tea cups, or anything else belonging to my Nana. Items that tell a story, like the original Native painting from the early 1900s, and also the leather and beaded Native pillow my soon-to-be-hubby took from his Grandparents' cottage. Anything pottery. Anything Olde English. These are the things that fill our home.

And, I guess, these are the things I will write about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment