Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

Insanity

Today I thought I'd put the spot light on my favourite place in our house...well ok, aside from the kitchen...

Let's begin with a before pic, just so you can truly appreciate the insanity. I actually didn't yet live here at this point; by the time I moved in, he had ripped out the 70s tub :)


So now, stairs facing the opposite side--before it was literally like a ladder.


Now to talk about kijiji...this clawfoot tub we got for $200. The girl who sold it to us had actually bought it second hand herself, pained it, then realized it was too big to fit in her bathroom :(
It went to good use here though! Pedestal sink: $50, again off kijiji. Dev's mom gave us the old milk stool; it was just hanging out in her music room.  Bath caddy was a gift from my bestie, whose own wood caddy I have been swooning over since she moved into her century home years ago.


We spent a lot of time trying to decide whether to paint or just clean and seal the brick wall. In the end, all of our friends convinced us into keeping the natural colour and we are so pumped we did! The ladder towel rack was a DIY too.


New faucets for the kijiji finds were our only splurge, and even still, there are some great deals on Vintage Tub and Bath.

The wall colour is a crazy story. I had literally an entire gallon of gray wisp leftover from the living room, so instead of putting that to waste, I took it into Benjamin Moore and they were able to change it to Baby Fawn...I thought that was really impressive!


Ta da! Great place to soak on a Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment